The Hayling Site
Go Back   Hayling Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Chat

Welcome to The Hayling Site

Thanks for stopping by the forum of The Hayling Site. Our forum is the place where locals, ex-islanders and others with an interest in Hayling Island come to chat, keep up with local issues and vent.
You are very welcome to view the website as a guest. You can also register for free if you wish. As a registered user you can also:

•  » Join in the conversation in the forum
  •  » Submit your news and events
  •  » Enjoy the website with fewer adverts
  •  » Access member only areas and content

Click Here to register for free.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #301
Eccles
Prized Member

Eccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sea Angling

Ah well, there ya go sea angling as unpredictable as ever, wanna try some beach casting next week?
Eccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #302
Eccles
Prized Member

Eccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently there have been one or two decent size bass taken in the last day or two. Yes, you've guessed it I shall be venturing out shortly, weather permitting to see if I can find one for dinner.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #303
haylingpete
Prized Member

haylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond reputehaylingpete has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
........ bass .......... Yes, you've guessed it I shall be venturing out shortly, weather permitting to see if I can find one for dinner.
I used to love them for breakfast

Dad, some of his mates and I would go night fishing, down by the 'Red House'
come home in the morning, mum would fillet the bass, toss them in seasoned flour, then pan fry them.

Perfick!
haylingpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #304
Eccles
Prized Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
Apparently there have been one or two decent size bass taken in the last day or two. Yes, you've guessed it I shall be venturing out shortly, weather permitting to see if I can find one for dinner.
It didn't work - 7 rods out last Friday night and not a tickle. Ah well I knew it was a bit speculative; I think we need a bit of a blow to bring them in - hopefully mid-week.
Old 16-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #305
bobby83

bobby83 is on a distinguished road

It worked for me Friday night.30 odd bass later to 3lb and i was happy
bobby83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #306
Eccles
Prized Member

Hey, WD bobby. As expected we are now getting a storm so hopefully some bass will be there soon, friday is looking distinctly possible imo.
Old 28-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #307
SMOOTHOUND

SMOOTHOUND is on a distinguished road

Eccles? how about an update? i"ve not been out on boat or given it a go from the Beach as yet. any luck after one of the many blows youve had?
SMOOTHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #308
Eccles
Prized Member

Planning to have a go next week. We will have evening/night tides Tuesday through Friday and there really ought to be some bass around by now - apparently someone had an 11 lber at Ryde recently. Give it another week or two and I would expect some bream to be arriving too but they do seem to like sunny calm weather so I will have order some up.
Old 28-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #309
bobby83

bobby83 is on a distinguished road

A lot of smoothound pups around at the mo,with some male fish to 8 lb too.
Seem to be falling to unconventional baits to ie limpet,rag and squid.Think the blow has a lot to do with it bringing them inshore.
Few bass around as well but not heard of any bigguns thus far.
Lewis
bobby83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #310
Eccles
Prized Member

Hmm, I don't regard squid as "unconventional" for smuts, I have had plenty of them using it. In fact a couple of years ago I was targetting bream in the usual way with small strips of squid when I got a shock as a 6lb smut grabbed the bait. Still not sure how I managed to hook a smut that size with only a size 2 hook.