The Hayling Site
Go Back   Hayling Forum > Island Stuff > General Local Issues

Welcome to The Hayling Site

Thanks for stopping by the forum of The Hayling Site. Our forum is the place where locals, ex-islanders and others with an interest in Hayling Island come to chat, keep up with local issues and vent.
You are very welcome to view the website as a guest. You can also register for free if you wish. As a registered user you can also:

•  » Join in the conversation in the forum
  •  » Submit your news and events
  •  » Enjoy the website with fewer adverts
  •  » Access member only areas and content

Click Here to register for free.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Desdemona
Prized Member

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hayling islander

Being an avid Titanic fan I was interested to read the article about Mr Stead in the Hayling Islander. I was not, however, impressed with the caption under the accompanying photo of the Titanic "the Titanic sailing from Southampton on 19 April 1912" .... I think not - she sunk to the bottom of the ocean on April 15th 1912 and I should know as I was at the memorial service at the wreck site a couple of weeks ago. Where do they get their researchers from?!