The Hayling Site
Go Back   Hayling Forum > Other Stuff > Readers Questions

Welcome to The Hayling Site

Thanks for stopping by the forum of The Hayling Site. Our forum is the place where locals, ex-islanders and others with an interest in Hayling Island come to chat, keep up with local issues and vent.
You are very welcome to view the website as a guest. You can also register for free if you wish. As a registered user you can also:

•  » Join in the conversation in the forum
  •  » Submit your news and events
  •  » Enjoy the website with fewer adverts
  •  » Access member only areas and content

Click Here to register for free.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
Pedro
Prized Member

Pedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond reputePedro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trying to find the owner of a car

I'm trying to find the owner of a Fiat Doblo, registration number HV 05 XKZ. If anybody recognises it could they let me know.

There's nothing sinister about this, not involved in an accident or anything like that. I may have some information that may be useful to him and he may have some information that is useful to me.

Can't say what it's about (at the moment) but if things work out as I hope I will add the detail.

Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Mat
Staff

Mat has disabled reputation
Default Re: Trying to find the owner of a car

Just spoken to Pedro about this - just a quick note that this is OK.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
Download_Dave
Prized Member

Download_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDownload_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

OK boss no infraction this time.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
puddy
Prized Member

puddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond repute

Oooooooh! Intrigue!

++ Always look after your broom ++
puddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #5
sam1
Prized Member

sam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond reputesam1 has a reputation beyond repute

dont no it but i think you can do a cheak with dvla
Old 11-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
SPIKE

SPIKE has much to be proud ofSPIKE has much to be proud ofSPIKE has much to be proud ofSPIKE has much to be proud ofSPIKE has much to be proud ofSPIKE has much to be proud ofSPIKE has much to be proud ofSPIKE has much to be proud ofSPIKE has much to be proud of

wot sorta name for a car is a Doblo, too much sambuca i think
SPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #7
dogwalker
Prized Member

dogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond repute

DVLA would be a waste of time as they are unable to give out personal details
dogwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
rose
Prized Member

rose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond reputerose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker View Post
DVLA would be a waste of time as they are unable to give out personal details
DVLA can and do, if the person asking for the information can show 'reasonable cause'. See DVLA website.

For example if you had a road accident and the other party left the scene without giving you their details, then that would be 'reasonable cause' to give you the registered owner details of a vehicle.

Not saying that this is why Pedro is asking for help on this one.
Just giving an example.
rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #9
andyw
Prized Member

andyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond reputeandyw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose View Post
DVLA can and do, if the person asking for the information can show 'reasonable cause'. See DVLA website.

For example if you had a road accident and the other party left the scene without giving you their details, then that would be 'reasonable cause' to give you the registered owner details of a vehicle.

Not saying that this is why Pedro is asking for help on this one.
Just giving an example.

Good for you rose - ever the bloomin' gem.
andyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #10
dogwalker
Prized Member

dogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond reputedogwalker has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rose Didn't know that, it must be due to me asking for the owners of dumpt car's that they will not give me the information on the owners
dogwalker is offline   Reply With Quote