The Hayling Site
Go Back   Hayling Forum > Island Stuff > History & Heritage

Welcome to The Hayling Site

Thanks for stopping by the forum of The Hayling Site. Our forum is the place where locals, ex-islanders and others with an interest in Hayling Island come to chat, keep up with local issues and vent.
You are very welcome to view the website as a guest. You can also register for free if you wish. As a registered user you can also:

•  » Join in the conversation in the forum
  •  » Submit your news and events
  •  » Enjoy the website with fewer adverts
  •  » Access member only areas and content

Click Here to register for free.

Old 14-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #1
Roisin
Prized Member

Roisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Haunted Hayling

It's fatal to let me in a bookshop :twisted:

Spent a relative fortune on several books this week, and ended up with several for us, including a book one including a couple of allegedly haunted places right here on HI.

St Peter's Church was one, no great surprise. But wondered if there are any that weren't in the book. :P

"There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, but have to learn. And people we can't live without, but have to let go."
Roisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 01:05 AM   #2
clarissa
Banned

clarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant future

The youngsters are always asking for some new haunts!

We did this one several months ago. Anyone remember the threads name?

There have been sightings in The Lifeboat Inn over a period of time. I think Haysboat has had sight of it? And that wasn't on her birthday.

Dogs also DID warn their owners about using the main entrance of the R in J, but were perfectly happy to lead the way through the rear entrance.

I once held a conversation with a bunch of 'prankster apparitions' who appeared to be seated at some sort of bench. The leetle bass'turds told me that I would meet my end on November 13th or December 16th. When I pressed them as to when, they said they couldn't say what year, creased up in laughter and disappeared through the walls and window; still laughing at each other.

*******!
clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 08:40 AM   #3
Bruce_Bennett
Staff

Bruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond reputeBruce_Bennett has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been sniffing mackerel essence again Clarissa?

"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything"
Wise men speak when they have something to say, fools speak because they need to say something.
Bruce_Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
Merlot
Prized Member

Merlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond reputeMerlot has a reputation beyond repute

This one's for Roisin.
I used to teach a child who lived in a house that used to be the Hayling Island mortuary long ago. I won't say the road in case of present embarrassment. One room was so cold that they could rarely use it
Wah!!!!
Old 14-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
puddy
Prized Member

puddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond reputepuddy has a reputation beyond repute

The Kittiwake has one - a man in a suit - seen by ex-landlady and several customers at the same time.

'doo-doo doo-doo'...............(Twilight Zone theme). :shock:

++ Always look after your broom ++
puddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2005, 07:53 PM   #6
clarissa
Banned

clarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant futureclarissa has a brilliant future

I thought 'doo-doo' was something completely different .....
clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 09:51 PM   #7
Roisin
Prized Member

Roisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond reputeRoisin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This one's for Roisin.
I used to teach a child who lived in a house that used to be the Hayling Island mortuary long ago. I won't say the road in case of present embarrassment. One room was so cold that they could rarely use it
Wah!!!!
Brrrr!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Strange really, some people like extreme rides, I like ghost stories

"There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, but have to learn. And people we can't live without, but have to let go."
Roisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #8
D_Gringo

D_Gringo is on a distinguished road
Default Spooks....

- Royal Shades old lounge bar....leather armchair in the corner by the door....supposedly a man who was killed by a shotgun...??

- Old Manor House........lady in grey could be seen through the window??

- Old (Old) Sation......ex-porter with who was supposed to have been killed when falling off the platform onto the track and under s train.....??
D_Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #9
Eccles
Prized Member

Eccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond reputeEccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haunted Hayling

Would like to re-open and ask if anyone has ever heard of/seen the ghostly Roman legion or soldier which marches across Portsdown Hill? I recall being told about it when I was a kid but not heard anything recently - unless you know different.......
Old 08-03-2006, 05:44 AM   #10
nigelstone

nigelstone has a spectacular aura aboutnigelstone has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Haunted Hayling

The ghost of the Rose in June is actually not a ghost at all...The reason dogs would rather not go in the front entrance was due to the flatulence of one very well known Hayling-Islander, who frequented the bar.... the cause was actually the poor quality bitter that was being served at the time. This certain well known customer would alway "hang on the bar, next to the front entrance, releasing, slowly,and worse, silently.... methane into the atmosphere. Dog's olfactory epithelium being extra sensitive, would be warned in advance of the oncoming scented onslaught..

Last edited by nigelstone; 08-03-2006 at 05:47 AM.
nigelstone is offline   Reply With Quote