Here are some more things to do on Hayling:
1.Pick up beer cans discarded by the Hoy Polloi and put them in litter bins.
2. Do the same with dog’s mess left in strewn about in plastic bags by thicko dog owners.
3. Replace burned out headlamp bulbs for a couple of quid in your car.
4. Trim back hedges which are overgrowing footpaths.
5. Donate £20 to the RNLI, you may need them one day.
6. Ditto, Salvation Army.
7. Help clean the beaches of litter left there by the ignorant masses.
I could go on but that will do for the moment.
Growing up on Hayling Island, we made our own activities, we didn’t wait to be told what to do, we used our imagination.
No phones, tablets or PC’s.
We were lucky